Stalwartness of a tree!

Cosily tucked in,
From my guarded haven..
I watch the turbulence,
The tempest outside!
Peaking analytically
Into the distant vision
Amongst the trees
Is a ginormous,
Sturdy, magnificent 
Palm tree... 
Its leaves violently rustling,
Swaying to and fro..
Its resistance
Against the mighty winds
Astonishes me!
How that single body
Facing the blows
Of a gang of gale!
As the deep rooted bole
Stands its ground, 
Securing its existence.. 
I ask myself
Is my deep rooted bole.. 
My stalwartness, 
My mettle.. 
At times of quandary
Enough to resist
And fight.. 
Like that stable tree?
Or would I fail, 
Give up and fall down, 
Crashing over the expectations 
Of my counterparts 
Who surround me!
I sure wish to soar
Against all the gale
That is thrust apon me!! 

Comments

Popular Posts