She doesn't deserve this!

 My Srilanka-

Paradise on Earth , 

Stunning and picturesque , 

Gift of Mother Nature:

STRUGGLES.. 

SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS! 


My Srilanka:

Stranded in endless queues, 

Deprived of bare essentials,

Leaving many in dire straits:

STRUGGLES..

SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS.


My Srilanka:

Ruled by corrupted leaders, 

Regressing economy under corrupted system, 

Ruined to bankruptcy due to corrupted governance,

STRUGGLES...

SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS. 


My Srilanka

Staggering under debt deserves a booming economy, 

Withering faces frustrated with high cost of living deserves their blossoming smiles back, 

Disrupted lives of our little ones deserve to be blooming with nourishment of body and mind.. 

STRUGGLES.. 

THEY DON'T DESERVE THIS!


I feel agony at the plight of my countrymen, 

I feel immense frustration at the deteriorating situation, 

I feel hope though, a fluttering ray of hope, at a distance

That these struggles shall ease

And my Mother Lanka shall rise again, as how  she DESERVES!!!


My Poetic Place by @sakinas_expressions

Comments

Popular Posts