Transforming Through Ecdysis

THIS POEM IS ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF SHEDDING THE LAYERS OF FEAR AND INSECURITY AND TRANSFORMING INTO BETTER VERSIONS OF OURSELVES! 


Slithering around
So grounded and oblivious 
Seemingly harmless.. 
But if you know me
You will be aware
At the point of insecurity 
To hissssssss
Is the only defence I know.. 
The poison in me,
Becoming the enemy
Of my own conscience.. 
My love too
Knows no bounds, 
My emotions and expressions 
Have the strength to crush you
In the toughness of my embrace.. 
My exterior becoming unbearable now,
The roughness from slithering through
And surviving in wilderness
Has worn out my skin!
My encounters have matured me
Beyond the layers that protect
My flexible mushy vertebrae.
I am a new snake in process, 
Making efforts to slide through 
My own distressed skin. 
Leave me undisturbed in my solitude 
While I live my acdysis of transforming!
I shall still hiss, 
I shall still love with magnitude 
I shall still carry incurable venom... 
But yet the new version of myself
After surviving this transformation:
I shall hold wider percepectives
I shall see through brighter visions
I shall understand the importance 
Of maturing and sliding out 
Of the boundaries 
Of my own worn out, distressed snake-skin! 

Comments

Popular Posts