Peak in sight!

Sitting among wilderness, on a sturdy wine twig,
Looking at my goal at the peak twenty-three feet high.
Accelarating adrenaline, questioning my capability
Of my physical and mental capacity to make it above!
Harness my protection, belayer my guardian-
Dented rocks my path, to support me all the way!
All buckled up and prepared - tuning my brain..
The challenge seems to be of initiating the climb
Of holding on..
Trusting my grip, trusting my own body!
Tiny steps, inch by inch, crawling ahead..
Not my attire, not the pointy rocks,
Not the tight shoes and not my own fears..
None of these can stop me from rising!!!
I realise soon my small steps have risen me halfway up,
Sore fingers and shivering legs now more resilient than ever!
At this point the "belay-tionship" and cheers
Boosting my moral and keeps me conquering..
Soon cheers turn to celebration,
Sense of achievement and relief washes over my senses..
At the peek I glance around the breathtaking beauty
Nature outdoing its magnificence!!
I realise the journey is in the challenge to make it to the top,
The thrill and struggles
To be enjoyed, savoured and learnt from..
I shall be at it again some time soon! 
Life too is no different from climbing rocks i reflect,
A journey of struggles and thrills... 
Is it not?? 

Comments

Popular Posts